Boot Device not found Hp [Resolved]
It's quite annoying when your computer is unable to Boot, and you get the boot device not found on your Hp computer.
Here you will learn how you can solve this problem.
Boot errors are prevalent, and even a top brand like hp is not free from it.
Though manufacturers have a long-range of troubleshooting guides and tools to tackle the error, still the user faces the boot device not found Hp error.
Primary Boot device reset
Sometimes there is a mismatch in boot device and a wrong Boot device selected in BIOS will give the Boot device not found error.
To reset the primary Boot device;
- Restart your computer.
- Now restart it again and repeatedly press the F10 function key.
- You will enter the BIOS settings window.
- When you are on the BIOS setup screen, press F9 function key.
- This will select and load the default settings of the BIOS setup.
- Now press F10 key.
- You will see a message stating save and exit.
- Select yes.
- Now restart your computer again.
- If your system boots normally, the issue is resolved then.
Hard reset could do the trick
Hard reset is done to re-establish the connection settings between the hardware and software components.
When you hard reset, it erases all the previous settings in the memory and restore the default functionality, which in turn may solve the "boot device not found in Hp error".
- To hard reset, first, turn off your hp laptop.
- Now disconnect any external devices such as mouse and ac adapter from the laptop.
- Now remove the battery.
- When done, now press and hold power button for up to 20 seconds.
- It will drain the residual charge left in the capacitors, which protects the memory.
- Now plug in the battery in the battery compartment and insert the ac adaptor.
- Make sure that you do not connect any external device such as USB, printer, etc. yet.
- Before downloading the driver, ensure the correct operating system is chosen.
- Power on your computer, and if prompted for, select start windows normally.
Use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics tool to test the hard drive
A faulty hard drive is the most probable reason that results in the Boot device not find error.
You have to check the hard drive for any issue. Fortunately, Hp laptops come with a built Diagnostics tool that can test whether or not your hard drive is working correctly.
- To use the tool first turn off your computer.
- Restart it again and rapidly press the ESC key.
- A menu will appear press the F2 function key.
- Select the hard drive from the component test menu.
- Select the quick test option and press run once.
- It will take few minutes for the test to complete.
- If it shows everything is all right with your hard drive, but the problem persists, then you should opt for extensive test.
- The extensive test may find if there is any issue with your hard drive.
- Dually note it down and then contact the Hp support team.
Repair boot sector or MBR
A corrupted master boot record (MBR) will cause your computer system to show Boot device not found as it contains the information about Hard disk partition and loads the operating system you run on your computer.
- Insert the Windows installation disk the optical derive.
- Now select the startup repair option and let it run.
- See if the problem is resolved or not.
- If the issue persists then rerun the installation disk and select repair windows.
- Windows recovery option will be listed, choose command prompt.
- Now type Bootrec.exe and press enter.
- Now type Bootrec.exe /FixMbr. It will rectify the MBR corruption issue.
- Type Bootrec.exe /FixBoot. This command will write the new Boot sector.
- Exit the window and restart your computer.
Hopefully, all these solutions will resolve the Boot device not found in Hp problem. If still, you have any questions or any parts not clear to you, Call to us at 1-877-353-6650, and we will try to help you as earliest as possible for Hp printer setup and Hp printer installation also.