How to fix Brother printer offline in windows 10 issue [SOLVED]
When windows 10 is unable to communicate with your brother printer or if it finds the printer unavailable you may get the brother printer offline in Windows 10 error.
Unfortunately, it may not pinpoint the exact issue that is causing this problem.
You may have recently updated to Windows 10, and that could have messed with the previous settings of your printer, or the drivers for the printer got corrupted.
You see the reasons you are facing the brother printer offline in windows 10 issue could be many and to troubleshoot this error it entirely necessary that you perform a series of checks one by one to zero down the exact cause for this error and take the requires steps to resolve the issue.
Apply the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps, and we are sure that your problem will be resolved.
Restart the Print spooler services
Restarting the Print spooler services in windows ten may bring back the printer online sometimes, so it's worth a try.
- Press the Windows key and R key at the same time.
- In the run window that appears enter services.msc and press ok.
- The following window will list all the services going on.
- Find the Print spooler services.
- Right-click on it and from the drop-down menu choose restart.
Check for your printer status and change it to default
Sometime your printer may not be set as the default printer, which may lead to brother printer offline error in windows 10.
- Press the window's logo button, and I button on your keyboard at the same time.
- From the next window, click on devices.
- Another window will appear, choose the device and printer option.
- Your printer's icon will be present with a green tick mark, right-click on it.
- A drop-down menu will appear, choose 'what's printing.'
- If you see no tick mark on the set as the default printer, click on it.
- Again right-click on your printer's icon and choose printer option.
- Uncheck both the pause printing and use printer offline if you see a tick mark against both these option.
- Click on them, and the tick mark will be removed.
Change the SNMP status of printer properties.
If you are using the network printer, changing the printer properties may bring back your printer online.
- First, go to control panel and then select device and printers.
- You will see your printer icon on the following window.
- Right-click your printer's icon and from the menu, choose printer properties.
- Click on the ports tap and choose your printer's IP address from the list.
- You will see the configuration port button, click on it.
- Uncheck the SNMP status enabled box.
- Click ok.
Use Windows 10 troubleshooter to resolve the issue
- Click on the start button.
- Click on the settings icon in the next window.
- Choose the Device option on the settings screen.
- From the side menu in the next window choose the troubleshoot option and then press on printer option.
- Press on run the troubleshooter button.
- Now Windows 10 troubleshooter will run and try to find the possible solution for the printer offline problem.
- Whatever fixes the troubleshooter finds for the printer offline in Windows 10 it will list it.
- Click on the 'apply this fixes' option.
Update the drivers of your Brother Printer
Faulty or outdated Brother printer drivers may also cause brother printer offline in windows 10. Updating the printer's drivers may resolve the issue.
Driver easy is small utility software that relieves you from manually updating the drivers.
- Download the driver easy software for Windows 10.
- Install the software and then run it.
- From the menu options press the scan now button.
- Driver easy software will automatically scan your computer for the drivers, and if it finds that the drivers for your brother printer are outdated, it will present you with the option to update them.
- Now click on the update button and you are done, your printer's drivers will be updated.
That will be all. We are quite sure that if you followed all the steps, the issue must have resolved.
In case you need any further assistance, or you are still facing some issue with your printer, feel free to detail your problem in the comment section, and we will try to help you as much as we can.