How to set up your Epson wireless printer | a complete step by step guide.
Epson is a leading manufacturer of Printers worldwide. With its whole range of different printer models and a seemingly endless array of features, Epson leaves its competitors way behind.
If you have bought an Epson wireless printer, you may get stuck in setting it up and connecting it to your computer or mobile device.
Here in this guide, we are going to walk you through every step to set up your printer, keep reading.
Connect your printer to a wireless network through WPS
WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup is a feature that let a Device connect to a wireless network through Wi-Fi
- Check your router or access point for the WPS button.
- If it's not there check for any WPS enabling option in your router’s software.
- Disconnect the LAN cable connected to your printer.
- Push the WPS button on your router to power it on.
- Now on your Epson printer press and hold the Wi-Fi button.
- The printer will search for your wireless network.
- When the connection is being established, the network status LED will blink red and green.
- When the printer gets connected, then the network status LED will turn green.
Connect Epson wireless printer through SES (Secure Easy Step)
If your router supports SES feature, you can proceed to connect your printer via SES.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable.
- Make the router has access to the network.
- Activate the SES on your router by pressing the SES button.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your printer.
- Your printer will connect to your network.
Setup Epson wireless printer via Epson connect
You can connect your printer through Epson online service known as Epson connect. It gives you the ability to print from anywhere.
- You need an Ethernet connection for the Epson connect
- Now open the home page of Epson website on your browser.
- Go to support and enter your product name
- From there download the Epson connect printer setup utility.
- When the download, finishes run the utility software.
- Agree to the terms and condition and press Next.
- Click install and when the installation complete press finish button.
- The utility software will start, and you have to select your product from the list.
- Select Printer Registration and press next.
- Press Ok after you see Register a Printer to the Epson Connect.
- Now create a new account by filling the details and click ok.
Connect your Epson Wireless printer to an android device
You can connect your Epson printer to your mobile device and get the print directly from your phone. Epson gives you the feature to do so.
- Go to Google play store and download the Epson print enabler plugin.
- Go to android settings and find the printers setting and then enable the plugin you have just downloaded.
- Connect your android device on the same wireless network that your printer is connected to.
- When both the printer and your device are on the same wireless network, and the Epson print enabler plugin is enabled on the android device, your printer will be ready to print from your android device directly.
Connect your printer to an iOS device.
- Download and install the Epson iPrint app from the app store.
- Connect your iOS device and your printer to the same wireless network.
- Now open the Epson iPrint app on your phone.
- Press the tap her to select the printer button.
- Click on your printer on the local tab.
If you can't find your printer in the local tab, you can add it manually.
- Press the manual IP tab.
- Enter the IP address of your printer to add it.
- Press done.
Install the Epson Printer Driver
After you have connected your wireless printer to your computer, you need to install the drivers for the printer. Drivers can be installed from the Drivers CD, or you can download them online.
- Insert the CD in the optical drive.
- Wait for the setup wizard to open.
- Run the installation process.
- Click finish.
- If you don't have the installation disk, go to the Epson website.
- Search the drivers for your product and download them.
- Extract the files and run the setup.
- Wait for the installation to complete and then press finish.
You always have the option to call the help and support center of your printer's manufacturer and get the expert assistance in case you are unable to connect your wireless printer.