Install Dell Printer | Complete setup Guide
You have just bought your new Dell printer, and now you are thinking to install it on your computer. Do you know you can how to connect your printer to your computer? If you are here the answer most probably is NO.
Well, no shame in accepting it. Installing a printer can sometime become a headache, that's why we have compiled this guide to help the users to connect their printer without any error.
Download the Dell printer drivers
Before you install your printer, you have to download the drivers.
- Open https://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/?app=drivers link on your web browser.
- Enter the product details.
- All the available software for your printer model will be displayed.
- From the list, choose the Drivers for OS Deployment package and download it.
- When the download finishes, extract the files to a location on your computer where you can easily find them.
How to install a Dell Printer when you don’t have the installation CD
You have to download the Dell drivers before you attempt to install your printer. We have described the process above. Download the drivers, extract the files to the desired location, and then proceed to the below steps.
Install the dell printer via USB
- Open the start menu and navigate to the Device and Printer
- When the Device and Printer window opens click on Add Printer.
- When asked for what type of printer you want to install, select, add a local printer option.
- In the next window, when you are asked to install the printer drivers, choose the have disk option.
- Navigate to the location where you have extracted the downloaded drivers' files.
- Double click to open, and then choose your language and the configuration of your operating system which could be 32 bit or a 64 OS.
- Search the .inf file and click the open button.
- In the next screen, choose your printer and click next.
- Now choose the replace current driver option and press next.
- Your printer installation will begin.
- Go to the Device and Printer window again and see whether your printer is added or not.
Install your Dell printer to a wireless network.
If your printer is capable of connecting to a wireless network, then you can use this method to install your printer.
You need to have the installation disk, but if you don't have the disk, you can go to the Dell support of their website and download the software package from there.
- Insert the installation CD into your computer.
- Run the installation setup.
- Connect your printer through a USB cable.
- After the installation completes, go to the start menu and select the Dell Printer option.
- In the following window press the setting tab.
- In the setting tab, choose the wireless setup utility.
- You will get the list of the available wireless network.
- Choose your wireless network to connect to.
- If prompted for the password to get access to the Wi-Fi network, type your network's password.
- Unplug the USB cable.
- Your Printer is now connected to your computer through Wi-Fi. Your Printer is now connected to your computer through Wi-Fi.
Connect your Dell Printer through WPS
If you want to connect your dell wireless printer through a wireless network, you also have the option of Wi-Fi protected setup or WPS in short. Fort this method your access point or router must have the WPS button.
- Power on the WPS by pressing the button on your router.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on your printer until the network connection establishes.
- Your printer will automatically search for the wireless network and connect to it.
- Test the connection by printing out the test page.
Connect your Printer via an Ethernet Cable
- Make sure you have access to an internet connection.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to your printer.
- Get the IP address of your printer by printing the setting report, in the report; you will find your printer's IP address under network configuration.
- Go to start menu and then to Device and Printer.
- Select Add Printer option.
- Choose Add a Local Printer from the next window and then click the Next button.
- Choose to create a new Port option and select the standard TCP/IP port.
- Enter the IP address of your printer.
- Your computer will search for the device having the IP address you have provided.
- If you have entered the correct IP address, the system will find your printer, click next.
- Choose the network card and click next.
- Install the driver software by browsing to the extracted files.
- Select the .inf file and choose your printer from the list.
- The printer will now install.
- Go to the device and Printer option, and you will see that your printer is added now.
If you follow this guide, you will not face any problem, but if you do meet some hurdle in dell printer setup. call us or email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.